The Garlic : Garlic (Allium Sativum,Lahsun) a species of the onion family is one of the most well-known,commonly used spice in foods in the world.Garlic is native to central Asia, China produces more than 60% and major garlic supplier of the world. In India from ancient time the men use garlic as said by Ayurveda.Garlic used both as a food flavoring spice and as a traditional medicine in Ayurveda.
The Cloves of the Garlic are used for eating as a form of both raw or cooked and also for medicinal purposes,sometimes green leafy stem and flowers of the Garlic are use.
Health Benefit : Garlic is very rich in minerals,has many useful minerals like iodine, sulphur, chlorine, iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium, also has many vitamins. Although the Garlic (Lahsun) is a dietary supplement but it has many benefits to health as thought by Ayurveda.
Use of Garlic is good for-
1. Garlic is good for in cold and cold related complication, take 1or 2 cloves of garlic every day after few days the problem may disappear, also garlic may produces a good resistance to body against cold and flu and the related problem. Do not take more than 2-3 cloves of Garlic (raw or cooked) in a day.
2. In a research Garlic low the lipid,prevent LDL(Low density lipo protein) reduces the cholesterol and also a good anti-oxidant. So not Ayurveda also modern medical science suggests to takes Garlic for this.
3. From ancient time mild warm garlic oil use for ear pain,for this put two or three drops of garlic oil in the effected ears.
4. Garlic has good sulphur (gandhak) component so very helpful in the acne and scars,with honey and turmeric and sandal (chandan) paste can prevent acne,also helpful in cold sores,blisters,psoriasis and skin rashes due to Garlic’s effective antibiotic properties.
5. As Garlic low the lipid and prevent LDL (Low density lipo protein) reduces the cholesterol,so it is very good in reducing high blood pressure. In a research Garlic is good in thrombosis reducing platelet aggregation.
6. As Ayurveda said that Garlic is good for digestion and eliminate many digestive problems,help to release the gas and provides relief from the gastritis. Taking 1-2 Garlic cloves daily may assist in digestion and normal function of the intestines and boosts the digestion.
7. As Garlic is very rich in minerals and vitamins and it’s anti-oxidant properties,thus Garlic reduces all fatigue (tiredness) enhances the bodyenergy and strengthening the immune system and long life.
Precaution : Do not rub Garlic on the skin while you have sensitive skin or not,it may cause rashes or skin reactions or burn. Also those have allergy to Garlic should not try Garlic on skin for any purposes. Do not take more than 2-3 cloves of Garlic (raw or cooked) in a particular day.
NOTE : This information is not for any specific medication and/or any medical treatment and should not understand as such purposes,it is only for a general knowledge purposes.Contact to a qualified physician for any complication.
Botanical name: Allium Sativum
Use part: Bulb, cloves, leaves
Other name: Lahsun (Hindi),
Belluli (Kannada), Lehsan (Urdu),
Naharu (Assami), Acanam(Tamil),
Our Motto "Health For All"