The Ginger : Ginger (Zingiber officinale or Adarak) is a flowering plant,the root of ginger is widely used as a spice or as a Ayurvedic medicine.Ginger has been used for thousands of years for medicinal purposes in Ayurveda and very popular spice in cooking specially in Indian and Asian cuisine. Ginger is a part of every Indian kitchen.Ginger is belonging to Zingiberaceae family,which also belongs to turmeric (Curcuma longa).
Health Benefit : In Ayurveda fresh Ginger and dry Ginger roots powder are used as medicinal purposes. The Ginger roots powder are called Sonth or Sunthi churn. Sunthi churn is a part of famous Trikatu churn (an Ayurvedic medicine). Ginger contains many important vitamins and minerals. Ginger contains gingerol which is an important component with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.Ginger has a lot of health benefits.
Use of Ginger (Adarak) is good for-
1. It is find that in a research that gingerol the important component in Ginger has an anti-cancer properties. This is most remarkable benefit of taking Ginger in food. Ginger powder (Sonth or Sunthi churn) can prevent the formation of stomach ulcers and protect from stomach ulcers.
2. Ginger is good in digestion,Ginger has helpful effects on the enzymes,it stimulate saliva and bile juice,suppress gastric contractions and help to ease gastrointestinal irritation and constipation.
3. Ginger can treat nausea and morning sickness,taking one spoon juice of Ginger with Hing (Asafetida) can help in this complication and effective in decreasing symptoms of nausea without any risk of side effects.
4. Drinking tea with Ginger is famous in winter (cold weather) and a good easy remedy to keep warm. This drink can keep away from cold and flu and provide good relief. Ginger with honey is also good for this, adding lemon juice with Ginger has benefits of vitamin C and anti-inflammatory,antibacterial properties.
5. Ginger has been used in Ayurveda for an ancient time to reduce inflammation and treat inflammatory disorders.Ginger provides good relief in gout, arthritis,osteoarthritis and muscles pain due to its anti-Inflammatory properties.
Precaution : Ginger (Adarak) has contradiction in piles and pitta related complication,so do not use Ginger (Adarak) in proctitis, bleeding disorders and bleeding piles (haemorrhoids). Taking too much Ginger (Adarak) can develop heartburn,gas and stomach distress.Person suffering from bleeding disorders,gallstones,ulcers,piles should not use Ginger (Adarak) without consulting with a qualified physician.
NOTE : This information is not for any specific medication and/or any medical treatment and should not understand as such purposes,it is only for a general knowledge purposes.Contact to a qualified physician for any complication.
Botanical name: Zingiber officinale
Use part: Fresh root,dry root powder
Other name: Adarak (Hindi),
Aale (Marathi), Enchi (Malayalam),
Sunth (Gujarati), Ada (Bengali),
Ada (Assamese), Allamu (Telugu),
Inji (Tamil), Ada (Oriya),
Our Motto "Health For All"