The Onion : Onion (Allium cepa,Pyaj) a close relative to garlic family,is one of the most well-known, commonly used vegetable/spice in foods in the world. The Onions are contain about 90% water, 7-8% carbohydrates, 1% protein, dietary fibre and low amounts of essential nutrients.
Onion has a low calories (30 to 42 calories/100 g),so Onions can consume in a lot of spicy and flavored dishes without caloric content thoughts and warning. Onion are very popular in many cuisines in India, China, Pakistan, Bangaladesh, and other counties of Asia etc.
Health Benefit : Although the Onion (Pyaj) is a dietary supplement but it has many benefits to health as thought by Ayurveda.Onion is reach in nutritional value and has vitamins and many minerals likes calcium, potassium, zinc, fluoride, iron, manganese, sulfur, phosphorus and magnesium.
Onion is more helpful in fighting cancer, low blood sugar, heart health, digestion, preventing allergies-inflammation, improving immune system.
Use of Onion is good for-
1. Eating raw Onion is good for health,in a research find that consuming raw Onion regular low the cholesterol level and keeps the heart healthy fit.
2. Suggesting Onion to take regular and this can prevent stomach, intestine and rectal cancers due to a powerful compound name quercetin found in Onions.
3. Preventing from seasonal allergies, fever common cold, taking one spoon juice of Onion with honey an effective cure and can help good in these complications.Onion is also said to be an effective in blood sugar.
4. Onion is also good for hair,skin teeth and gums. Fresh chopped raw Onions have anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial properties.Eating raw Onions good for oral health,Onion can get rid of tooth and gum decaying bacteria.
5. In India people eat Onion in summer to protect them self from hot air (Lu) and sun stroke,in Ayurveda it is thought out that eating Onion is good in summer due it’s cool effect (cool taseer). One may hate chopping Onion because of the tears,but no surprise Onions have many health benefits of all.
Precaution : Onion may cause skin irritation or eczema,when contact with skin,tearing when chopping the Onion while the eyes are open to the aroma of Onion.
NOTE : This information is not for any specific medication and/or any medical treatment and should not understand as such purposes,it is only for a general knowledge purposes.Contact to a qualified physician for medicinal use of Onion and in any complication.
Botanical name: Allium cepa
Use part:;Raw Bulb,Green leaves
Other name: Pyaj or Pyaz (Hindi),
Piyaz (Bengali), Dungri (Gujarati),
Kandaa (Marathi), Pyaz (Punjabi),
Erulli (Kannada), Piaja (Oriya),
Our Motto "Health For All"