The Peppermint : Peppermint (Mentha piperita or Pudina) is a very useful, leafy evergreen herb and perennial plant, plant are growing to 40 to 90 cm tall, the rhizomes are spreading and leaves are green and looking stunning.
The flowers are purple color and the stems and leaves are slightly hairy. It is thought out that Peppermint (Pudina) is the oldest medicine of the world. Peppermint (Pudina) has many health benefit and medicinal value.
Health Benefit : Peppermint (Pudina) plants are cultivated in many regions of the world and occasionally found in the forest and are in muddy area in dense forest. Peppermint (Pudina) contain high menthol, the oil also contains menthyl and menthone.
Peppermint (Pudina) uses in the toothpaste, chewing gum, confectionery, Flavoring tea, ice creams, shampoos and soaps, talc powders, shaving creams, Ayurvedic massage oil, ointment,for arthritis and muscles pain and balm etc. Menthol oil produces a cooling sensation on the skin and a minty odor, people likes it much.
Use of Peppermint(Pudina) is good for-
1. Peppermint (Pudina) oil uses in Ayurveda in treatment for the irritable bowel trouble from very long time,pudin hara or ark pudina is the famous medicine,Peppermint oil has a nice cooling effect.
2. Ayurvedic massage oil and ointment containing menthol oil are used topically for muscle pain, nerve pain,gout and relief from cramping,balms are also very popular in head-ache.The massage oil and ointment provides good relief and cooling effect in these complication.
3. Peppermint (Pudina) leaves are very useful in nausea,headache,motion sickness and migraines, freshly green crushed leaves and fine refreshing aroma of Peppermint can provides good relief and soothing effect.
4. Peppermint (Pudina) works well in respiratory disorders, the strong aroma of Peppermint (Pudina) is very effective in nose,throat congestion and common colds.Peppermint cools and relieves the throat,nose,throat and the respiratory system and provides good relief in irritation without any side effect.
5. Every year millions of people all over the world affected with hay fever and seasonal allergies (rhinitis).Peppermint (Pudina) is useful in hay fever and seasonal allergies,Peppermint (Pudina) leaves extracts is effective in this complication due to soothing and cooling effect.
Precaution : There is no any major side effect of Peppermint (Pudina),but high oral doses of peppermint oil (more than 500 mg) can cause mouth irritation and heartburn,bowel upset.
NOTE : This information is not for any specific medication and/or any medical treatment and should not understand as such purposes,it is only for a general knowledge purposes.Contact to a qualified physician for any complication.
Botanical name: Mentha piperita
Family name: Lamiaceae (mint)
Use part: Fresh green leaves
Other name: Pudina (Hindi),
Phudino (Gujarati),Podina (Oriya)
Our Motto "Health For All"