The Turmeric : Turmeric (Haldi or Haridra) is one of the most well-known, commonly used spice in the Indian foods.Turmeric is a ginger family plant,it is an Indian subcontinent native plant.The rhizomes of plants are collected annually for the use. Turmeric is used from a very long time throughout Asia.This yellow spice uses in cooking in Indian foods, any delicious curry and vegetable is not complete without Turmeric,It is generally use as a dry powder or pest.
Health Benefit : Although Turmeric is a dietary supplement but it has many benefits to health. In Ayurveda,it is use for healing wound and in minor cut. In a traditional an Indian bride uses Turmeric paste on the body before her wedding for beauty and a special charming glow, Turmeric uses also with powder of sandal wood (Chandan) as a topical application for beautification.
In Ayurveda it is thought that,Turmeric is used to balance kapha, pitta and vata and correct it’s dosh. Turmeric promote jathragni (digestion power) helping to reduce kapha and ama (toxins) dosh from the body.
Use of Turmeric is good for-
1. It is used in Ayurveda for joints & muscles pain,a cup of warm milk with a half tea spoon of Turmeric powder takes for this,also a mild warm pest applies on the affected area.Regular use Turmeric for comfortable joint movement.
2. Regular use of Turmeric help to promotes digestion and enhances the proper functioning of the liver.
3. Turmeric boost the immune system,brain and nervous system.
4. Turmeric with Neem leaves (Azadirachta indica) purify the blood, nourishes the heart and circulatory system.
5. Turmeric has excellent anti-oxidant properties so used as an anti aging also used as an antiseptic pest to treat minor cuts,burns and bruises.
6. Turmeric used in a lot of Ayurvedic beauty,cosmetic products with other herbs and also home-based beauty purpose.
7. Turmeric and Mustard seed paste uses by women in the India for removal of unwanted hair and glowing the skin also keeps harmful bacteria away from the body.
Precaution : Turmeric is extremely safe herb and not found any major side-effects. If you want to use Turmeric as a medicine, contact to a qualified physician first.
NOTE : This information is not for any specific medication and/or any medical treatment and should not understand as such purposes,it is only for a general knowledge purposes.Contact to a qualified physician for any complication.
Botanical name: Curcuma Longa
Use part: Rhizomes (rootlike stem)
Other name: Haridra (Sanskrit),
Holud(Bengali), Arishina (Kannada),
Arishina (Kannada), Manjal
(Malayalam), Haldhor (Punjabi)
Our Motto "Health For All"